Operation Lifesaver 2012 Leadership Workshop
More than 130 registrants, speakers and guests celebrated the 40th anniversary of rail safety education in the U.S.at the Operation Lifesaver Leadership Workshop, June 26-28, 2012, at the Embassy Suites Downtown/Convention Center in Denver.
The event brought together rail safety education leaders from North America and around the world to explore the latest information and innovations on improving safety at level crossings and along railroad rights-of-way.
PDFs from many of the Workshop presentations are linked below.
- "Social Technologies - Why or Why Not?," [LINK] Mandy Stahl, Community Manager, American Society of Association Executives (ASAE); Tom Morrison, Chief Executive Officer, Metal Treating Institute (MTI)
Download PDF versions of the presentations below:
- “The New Operation Lifesaver,” Helen Sramek, President, Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- "Denver's Light Rail System - Today's Operations and Tomorrow's Challenges," Austin Jenkins, Assistant General Manager, RTD Rail Operations Department
- "Operation Lifesaver and the Federal Transit Administration Partnership," Cathy Gillen, OLI Transit Consultant
- "Canadian Program Update," Dan Di Tota, Canada Operation Lifesaver
- "Alto Total Program," Aracely Lara Castañeda Kansas City Southern de México
"Operation Lifesaver Estonia," Tamo Vahemets, Operation Lifesaver Estonia
"Level Crossing Safety in the UK," Aiden Nelson, Community Safety Partnerships Ltd., United Kingdom
"International Level Crossing Awareness Day 2012," Isabelle Fonverne, UIC-International Union of Railways, France
"Guidance on Pedestrian Crossing Safety at Passenger Stations," Ron Ries, Federal Railroad Administration
"GCCI/RSER Update," Ken Gilsdorf, OLI Consultant; Allen Pepper, KCS
John Cross named 2012 Winner of F. Tom Roberts Volunteer Award
John Cross of Covington, GA, pictured left, received the 2012 Operation Lifesaver F. Tom Roberts Memorial Volunteer Award during the Leadership Workshop for his efforts to educate professional drivers and others about driving safely near train tracks. Also pictured: Jennie Glasgow, center, GA OL; Helen Sramek, right, OLI, and Terry Ludban, rear, CSX. View the full news release.