2014 Competitive Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), announces that grant funds are available to transit agencies and other governmental entities for rail transit safety education and public awareness initiatives. Grant amounts are capped at $25,000.
"The Federal Transit Administration is pleased to partner with Operation Lifesaver because as rail transit expands in communities across the country, it is essential that drivers and pedestrians have the education they need to remain safe near trains, tracks, and at crossings."
- FTA Administrator Peter Rogoff
- Projects require a 25 percent match, either as in-kind services or non-federal cash.
- Projects must be focused on safety education or public awareness initiatives in communities with rail transit systems (commuter rail, light rail, and streetcar).
- OLI-approved materials and OLI logos must be used.
- All grants must be coordinated through state Operation Lifesaver programs.
Deadline for grant proposals: July 11, 2014
To apply for a grant, contact your Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator (Find your State Coordinator)
Download the grant application guidelines (pdf format)
For more information on the rail transit safety education grants, contact:
OLI National Transit Safety Education Consultant
See Tracks? Think Train!
The 2014 campaign "See Tracks? Think Train!" has proven popular throughout the nation. Click Here to get the campaign toolkit.