By Operation Lifesaver 10-12-2018
Puchala Brings 20 Years of Experience to the Role
Washington, D.C. (October 12, 2018) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Jessica Puchala to the national rail safety education organization as director of communications and marketing. Puchala joins OLI with 20 years of experience in communications and project management. She will be responsible for enhancing the nonprofit rail safety organization’s marketing and communications strategies and strengthening the OLI brand.
By Operation Lifesaver 9-25-2018
WASHINGTON, D.C., September 25, 2018 – Amtrak Police and Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national railroad safety education organization, are partnering again for the second annual “Operation Clear Track” event, the largest railroad safety law enforcement operation in the United States, involving more than 400 police or sheriff’s departments across the lower 48 states.
By Operation Lifesaver 9-24-2018
WASHINGTON, D.C. / OTTAWA, Canada, September 24, 2018 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. and Operation Lifesaver Canada are joining forces to launch a new rail-safety public-awareness campaign to mark the first joint observance of Rail Safety Week in North America, September 23 – 29, 2018.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-24-2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), announced that $205,525 in grants have been awarded to 16 state Operation Lifesaver programs.
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by OLI Interim President Wende Corcoran
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Maine, Ohio and the Dakotas
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. promotes latest video, materials for new drivers with online sweepstakes
- Free e-Learning program from OLI provides crossing safety training for first responders
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. concerned by rise in 2017 crossing collisions, trespass incidents
- Operation Lifesaver shares 2017 Rail Safety Week report, announces joint U.S.-Canada effort in 2018
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Texas
- Operation Lifesaver offers new educational materials for free rail safety presentations
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Connecticut, Florida and Kansas
- New Operation Lifesaver videos share rail safety messages for young adults
- Operation Lifesaver President Bonnie Murphy tapped for position with Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Amtrak Police, Operation Lifesaver mobilize largest simultaneous railroad safety initiative in U.S.
- Operation Lifesaver puts focus on saving lives as U.S. Rail Safety Week starts
- Media Advisory: Saving lives near train tracks is focus of 9/25 OLI press conference
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]