By Operation Lifesaver 7-24-2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), announced that $205,525 in grants have been awarded to 16 state Operation Lifesaver programs.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-07-2018
In the United States, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is once again pleased to observe International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) on June 7, with this year’s target audience of young level crossing users.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, June 5, 2018 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced new program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization in three states.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-18-2018
To reach new drivers – especially teens and young adults – with critical information on how to drive safely near train tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education organization Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) has released a new 10-minute driver training video, “How to Drive Near Trains,” and a 30-second public service announcement inviting new drivers to watch the video and enter a sweepstakes to win a Chrome Book.
- Free e-Learning program from OLI provides crossing safety training for first responders
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. concerned by rise in 2017 crossing collisions, trespass incidents
- Operation Lifesaver shares 2017 Rail Safety Week report, announces joint U.S.-Canada effort in 2018
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Texas
- Operation Lifesaver offers new educational materials for free rail safety presentations
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Connecticut, Florida and Kansas
- New Operation Lifesaver videos share rail safety messages for young adults
- Operation Lifesaver President Bonnie Murphy tapped for position with Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Amtrak Police, Operation Lifesaver mobilize largest simultaneous railroad safety initiative in U.S.
- Operation Lifesaver puts focus on saving lives as U.S. Rail Safety Week starts
- Media Advisory: Saving lives near train tracks is focus of 9/25 OLI press conference
- Operation Lifesaver Inc., offers preview of U.S. Rail Safety Week events
- Statement by Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President Bonnie Murphy on Batory Nomination
- Statement on June 28, 2017 trespass incident by Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]