Enter OL’s “Bad Move” write your own ending contest!
The Contest (Note: this contest has ended)
Operation Lifesaver (OLI, http://www.oli.org), the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, invites people to submit ideas for an ending to Bad Move, its new public service announcement (PSA) through an online contest. The PSA, which tells the story of a young couple who choose a dangerous place to walk, targets ages 16-34 with a goal of reducing pedestrian-rail trespass injuries and deaths. A panel of expert judges will choose the most original ending idea that incorporates a safety message in keeping with the mission of Operation Lifesaver. The winner will receive two round trip coach class tickets on Amtrak to anywhere the passenger train goes. A strong OL partner, Amtrak provides the tickets in the interest of promoting rail safety. The winner will have until midnight EST on November 9, 2012 to use the tickets.
The Federal Railroad Administration (http://www.fra.dot.gov) provided Operation Lifesaver’s grant for the campaign. The objective of the program is to reach out to the public who may not have received the OL safety message.
Contest sponsors include Operation Lifesaver, Inc., and Amtrak.
How to Enter and Prize Details
1. No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Qualified entrants shall submit their idea for an ending to the Bad Move public service announcement, which is available for viewing at www.oli.org/badmove via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A panel of expert judges will choose the most original ending idea that incorporates a safety message in keeping with the mission of Operation Lifesaver.
3. All entries must include the name, age, mailing address and email address of the entrant. Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 16 and 34. If the contest winner is under age 21, contest prize will be awarded to custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
2. Employees of Operation Lifesaver Inc., state Operation Lifesaver (OL) programs, OL trainers and volunteers, the Federal Railroad Administration, Amtrak, railroads operating in the United States, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members are ineligible. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
You don't have to enter the contest to vote on which of the three alternate endings you like best! You can
1) Vote on OLI’s Facebook page under Questions; or
2) Post a tweet with the hashtag for the ending you prefer: a - #JessieOL, b - #RobertOL, or c - #SgtRodriguezOL.
Entries can be submitted from October 6, 2011, until Midnight Eastern Standard Time on November 9, 2011. (Note: deadline has been extended from the previous October 31, 2011 date).
Read all of the Official Rules
Download the Official Rules (pdf file)