By lrectorsnipe 9-26-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 26, 2017) – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national rail safety education organization, is joining forces with Amtrak for “Operation Clear Track,” the largest simultaneous railroad safety law enforcement operation ever attempted in the United States, involving more than 200 police or sheriff’s departments across the lower 48 states.
By lrectorsnipe 9-25-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 25, 2017) – Saving lives by alerting people to the dangers of being inattentive at highway-rail grade crossings and along train tracks is the focus of a new campaign by national rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30. Radio and digital public service advertising campaigns and other activities are underway in states across the country. Rail Safety Week is supported by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), state Operation Lifesaver programs, Amtrak, the Association of American Railroads (AAR), freight railroads, and other safety partners.
By lrectorsnipe 9-22-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national nonprofit rail safety education organization, will hold a press conference during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30, which aims to reduce rail-related driver injuries and fatalities and prevent trespassing on railroad property through increased public awareness. The event will include the announcement of a national rail safety enforcement effort; interview opportunities with speakers, including a mother who lost a son in a track trespassing incident, will be available following the press conference.
By lrectorsnipe 9-13-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 13, 2017) – As the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30 approaches, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy previewed the event’s planned activities, key sponsors and information on how potential participants can learn more. The goal of RSW is to raise awareness for pedestrians and drivers on ways they can keep themselves safe around railroad tracks and at highway-rail grade crossings.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $175,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- New Leadership Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Colorado, Massachusetts
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. offers safety tips during international crossing awareness observance
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $200,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 12 states
- Selby, Wilson Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2016 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA on the dangers of train track selfies
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. hails drop in 2015 crossing collisions, notes increase in trespass deaths
- Barney retires, Franklin named as Vermont Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]