By Operation Lifesaver 4-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, April 10, 2019 — Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing collisions and rail trespass deaths increased in 2018, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
By Operation Lifesaver 3-19-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
By Operation Lifesaver 3-13-2019
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) today announced that the application period is open for its competitive Rail Transit Safety Education Grants.
By Operation Lifesaver 2-13-2019
Washington, D.C. (February 13, 2019) – Americans and Canadians will observe Rail Safety Week together again this fall. Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) and Operation Lifesaver Canada are working to plan the observance of Rail Safety Week in North America Sept. 22-28. The week-long event encourages safe behavior near railroad tracks.
- Operation Lifesaver shares 2017 Rail Safety Week report, announces joint U.S.-Canada effort in 2018
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Texas
- Operation Lifesaver offers new educational materials for free rail safety presentations
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Connecticut, Florida and Kansas
- New Operation Lifesaver videos share rail safety messages for young adults
- Operation Lifesaver President Bonnie Murphy tapped for position with Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Amtrak Police, Operation Lifesaver mobilize largest simultaneous railroad safety initiative in U.S.
- Operation Lifesaver puts focus on saving lives as U.S. Rail Safety Week starts
- Media Advisory: Saving lives near train tracks is focus of 9/25 OLI press conference
- Operation Lifesaver Inc., offers preview of U.S. Rail Safety Week events
- Statement by Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President Bonnie Murphy on Batory Nomination
- Statement on June 28, 2017 trespass incident by Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $217,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 15 states
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Announces New Members on Board of Directors
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]