By Operation Lifesaver 4-18-2018
To reach new drivers – especially teens and young adults – with critical information on how to drive safely near train tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education organization Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) has released a new 10-minute driver training video, “How to Drive Near Trains,” and a 30-second public service announcement inviting new drivers to watch the video and enter a sweepstakes to win a Chrome Book.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-02-2018
National rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. wants to help first responders safely travel to emergencies and stay safe when responding to rail-related incidents with its interactive e-Learning program.
By Operation Lifesaver 3-15-2018
Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing incidents and rail trespass casualties increased in 2017, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
By Operation Lifesaver 2-08-2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national, nonprofit rail safety education group, today reported that messages about crossing safety and trespass prevention reached millions of Americans, generating more than 270 million impressions via news media coverage and social media advertising surrounding the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW) held September 24-30, 2017.
- 5 Rail Safety Tips for Winter Travel from Operation Lifesaver
- Deitchman, Cowen Named to Board of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Times Square to Flash OL’s Safety Message From Thanksgiving through New Year’s
- Operation Lifesaver unveils redesigned website
- For Teen Driver Safety Week, Operation Lifesaver Offers Rail Crossing Safety Tips, Training
- Radio Competition Names Operation Lifesaver Radio PSA Best of The Year
- As NFL Season Starts, Operation Lifesaver Football PSA with Saints Kicker Premieres Online
- Glenn, Hakey Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2010 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver Films New Safety PSA with New Orleans Saints Kicker
- NTSB Chairman Hersman is Operation Lifesaver Symposium Keynote Speaker
- Operation Lifesaver’s Distraction PSAs Win Tellys for People’s Choice, Editing, Public Service
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Joins 45 countries in observing International Level Crossing Awareness Day
- DOT Secretary LaHood highlights Operation Lifesaver’s distracted pedestrian and driving PSAs in blog
- Vote for OL’s PSAs in the People’s Telly Award (YouTube) Contest
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]