By lrectorsnipe 9-26-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 26, 2017) – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national rail safety education organization, is joining forces with Amtrak for “Operation Clear Track,” the largest simultaneous railroad safety law enforcement operation ever attempted in the United States, involving more than 200 police or sheriff’s departments across the lower 48 states.
By lrectorsnipe 9-25-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 25, 2017) – Saving lives by alerting people to the dangers of being inattentive at highway-rail grade crossings and along train tracks is the focus of a new campaign by national rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30. Radio and digital public service advertising campaigns and other activities are underway in states across the country. Rail Safety Week is supported by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), state Operation Lifesaver programs, Amtrak, the Association of American Railroads (AAR), freight railroads, and other safety partners.
By lrectorsnipe 9-22-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national nonprofit rail safety education organization, will hold a press conference during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30, which aims to reduce rail-related driver injuries and fatalities and prevent trespassing on railroad property through increased public awareness. The event will include the announcement of a national rail safety enforcement effort; interview opportunities with speakers, including a mother who lost a son in a track trespassing incident, will be available following the press conference.
By lrectorsnipe 9-13-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 13, 2017) – As the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30 approaches, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy previewed the event’s planned activities, key sponsors and information on how potential participants can learn more. The goal of RSW is to raise awareness for pedestrians and drivers on ways they can keep themselves safe around railroad tracks and at highway-rail grade crossings.
- NTSB Chairman Hersman is Operation Lifesaver Symposium Keynote Speaker
- Operation Lifesaver’s Distraction PSAs Win Tellys for People’s Choice, Editing, Public Service
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Joins 45 countries in observing International Level Crossing Awareness Day
- DOT Secretary LaHood highlights Operation Lifesaver’s distracted pedestrian and driving PSAs in blog
- Vote for OL’s PSAs in the People’s Telly Award (YouTube) Contest
- For National Bike Month, Operation Lifesaver Offers Six Tips for Safe Biking Near Train Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver Begins Houston Distracted Driving/Pedestrian Safety PSA Campaign
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
- Operation Lifesaver Trains New State Rail Safety Program Leaders
- Drivers Multitasking Near Train Tracks Face Disaster - Operation Lifesaver Releases Distracted Drivi
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]