By Operation Lifesaver 11-27-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI, http://www.oli.org) the national rail safety education nonprofit, has released five new videos aimed at educating younger adult audiences on the dangers of being near tracks and trains.
By lrectorsnipe 10-27-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, October 27, 2017 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) President Bonnie Murphy announced that she will complete her term with the nonprofit on November 1 to join Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) as Vice President Commuter Rail & Railroad Management. Murphy, who has more than 30 years of rail industry experience and 10 years of executive-level government experience, joined the rail safety education organization in January of 2016.
By lrectorsnipe 9-26-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 26, 2017) – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national rail safety education organization, is joining forces with Amtrak for “Operation Clear Track,” the largest simultaneous railroad safety law enforcement operation ever attempted in the United States, involving more than 200 police or sheriff’s departments across the lower 48 states.
By lrectorsnipe 9-25-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 25, 2017) – Saving lives by alerting people to the dangers of being inattentive at highway-rail grade crossings and along train tracks is the focus of a new campaign by national rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30. Radio and digital public service advertising campaigns and other activities are underway in states across the country. Rail Safety Week is supported by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), state Operation Lifesaver programs, Amtrak, the Association of American Railroads (AAR), freight railroads, and other safety partners.
- Glenn, Hakey Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2010 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver Films New Safety PSA with New Orleans Saints Kicker
- NTSB Chairman Hersman is Operation Lifesaver Symposium Keynote Speaker
- Operation Lifesaver’s Distraction PSAs Win Tellys for People’s Choice, Editing, Public Service
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Joins 45 countries in observing International Level Crossing Awareness Day
- DOT Secretary LaHood highlights Operation Lifesaver’s distracted pedestrian and driving PSAs in blog
- Vote for OL’s PSAs in the People’s Telly Award (YouTube) Contest
- For National Bike Month, Operation Lifesaver Offers Six Tips for Safe Biking Near Train Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver Begins Houston Distracted Driving/Pedestrian Safety PSA Campaign
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]