By lrectorsnipe 6-22-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, June 22, 2017 – Today, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), announced that $217,000 in grants will be awarded to 15 state Operation Lifesaver programs. The grants will fund a variety of rail crossing safety and trespass prevention public education projects in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s upcoming U.S. Rail Safety Week, September 24-30, 2017.
By lrectorsnipe 6-20-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, June 20, 2017 – Bonnie Murphy, president and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), and Robert C. VanderClute, OLI board chair, announced that five new members have joined the nonprofit organization’s board of directors, as of June 12.
By lrectorsnipe 6-02-2017
The United States chapter of Operation Lifesaver (OLI) is proud to observe International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) on June 2, to focus global attention on the concerning trend of distracted behavior at railroad crossings. Alongside more than 40 countries worldwide, a number of our state Operation Lifesaver programs will work with their safety partners to conduct awareness events in conjunction with ILCAD, targeting a broad audience to reach as many people as possible with these lifesaving messages.
By lrectorsnipe 5-24-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), today announced $219,000 in grants to Operation Lifesaver programs in 15 states. The grants will fund a variety of highway-rail grade crossing safety public education projects in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s upcoming U.S. Rail Safety Week, September 24-30, 2017.
- Operation Lifesaver Begins Houston Distracted Driving/Pedestrian Safety PSA Campaign
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
- Operation Lifesaver Trains New State Rail Safety Program Leaders
- Drivers Multitasking Near Train Tracks Face Disaster - Operation Lifesaver Releases Distracted Drivi
- Operation Lifesaver Films PSAs on Distracted Driving Near Railroad Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver shares safety tips; Warns hunters, others to avoid train tracks
- OL Truck Driver Safety Video Wins Gold “MarCom” Award for Training, Non-Profit
- Operation Lifesaver Says Distracted Driving a Factor in Railroad Crossing Crashes
- Drivers: Prepare to stop behind school buses at highway-rail grade crossings
- Operation Lifesaver Releases New Educational Tools for Teachers, Homeschoolers: Lesson plans tied to
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Transit Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org