By Operation Lifesaver 7-22-2019
Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2019) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Chantez Bailey as its director of communications and marketing. Bailey brings over 10 years of experience in nonprofit marketing and brand awareness to the national rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, July 10, 2019 - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to announce it has awarded $175,000 in grant funds to 10 rail transit agencies in eight states to increase rail transit safety public awareness and implement safety education projects and campaigns.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2019
Thursday, June 6, 2019 marks the worldwide observance of International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD). For 11 years, ILCAD has focused attention on the preventable incidents that occur at railroad crossings throughout the world.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, April 10, 2019 — Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing collisions and rail trespass deaths increased in 2018, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
- Operation Lifesaver Notes Rise in 2010 U.S. Crossing Collisions, Pedestrian-Train Incidents
- Operation Lifesaver to hold 2012 Symposium in Denver during 40th anniversary year
- Statement by OLI President Sramek on FRA guidance for improving rail safety
- Getting there - Is it Worth Your Life? Operation Lifesaver Launches New Safety Campaign in Chicago
- 5 Rail Safety Tips for Winter Travel from Operation Lifesaver
- Deitchman, Cowen Named to Board of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Times Square to Flash OL’s Safety Message From Thanksgiving through New Year’s
- Operation Lifesaver unveils redesigned website
- For Teen Driver Safety Week, Operation Lifesaver Offers Rail Crossing Safety Tips, Training
- Radio Competition Names Operation Lifesaver Radio PSA Best of The Year
- As NFL Season Starts, Operation Lifesaver Football PSA with Saints Kicker Premieres Online
- Glenn, Hakey Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2010 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver Films New Safety PSA with New Orleans Saints Kicker
- NTSB Chairman Hersman is Operation Lifesaver Symposium Keynote Speaker
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]