By Operation Lifesaver 6-07-2018
In the United States, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is once again pleased to observe International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) on June 7, with this year’s target audience of young level crossing users.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, June 5, 2018 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced new program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization in three states.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-18-2018
To reach new drivers – especially teens and young adults – with critical information on how to drive safely near train tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education organization Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) has released a new 10-minute driver training video, “How to Drive Near Trains,” and a 30-second public service announcement inviting new drivers to watch the video and enter a sweepstakes to win a Chrome Book.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-02-2018
National rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. wants to help first responders safely travel to emergencies and stay safe when responding to rail-related incidents with its interactive e-Learning program.
- DOT Secretary LaHood highlights Operation Lifesaver’s distracted pedestrian and driving PSAs in blog
- Vote for OL’s PSAs in the People’s Telly Award (YouTube) Contest
- For National Bike Month, Operation Lifesaver Offers Six Tips for Safe Biking Near Train Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver Begins Houston Distracted Driving/Pedestrian Safety PSA Campaign
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
- Operation Lifesaver Trains New State Rail Safety Program Leaders
- Drivers Multitasking Near Train Tracks Face Disaster - Operation Lifesaver Releases Distracted Drivi
- Operation Lifesaver Films PSAs on Distracted Driving Near Railroad Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver shares safety tips; Warns hunters, others to avoid train tracks
- OL Truck Driver Safety Video Wins Gold “MarCom” Award for Training, Non-Profit
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]