By Operation Lifesaver 3-15-2018
Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing incidents and rail trespass casualties increased in 2017, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
By Operation Lifesaver 2-08-2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national, nonprofit rail safety education group, today reported that messages about crossing safety and trespass prevention reached millions of Americans, generating more than 270 million impressions via news media coverage and social media advertising surrounding the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW) held September 24-30, 2017.
By Operation Lifesaver 1-22-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, January 23, 2018 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced three new state program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 1-05-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, January 5, 2018 – Operation Lifesaver Inc., (OLI) the national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting safety at railroad crossings and along railroad rights-of-way, has developed engaging new materials for its trained volunteer speakers to use in safety presentations with students in kindergarten through middle school.
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
- Operation Lifesaver Trains New State Rail Safety Program Leaders
- Drivers Multitasking Near Train Tracks Face Disaster - Operation Lifesaver Releases Distracted Drivi
- Operation Lifesaver Films PSAs on Distracted Driving Near Railroad Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver shares safety tips; Warns hunters, others to avoid train tracks
- OL Truck Driver Safety Video Wins Gold “MarCom” Award for Training, Non-Profit
- Operation Lifesaver Says Distracted Driving a Factor in Railroad Crossing Crashes
- Drivers: Prepare to stop behind school buses at highway-rail grade crossings
- Operation Lifesaver Releases New Educational Tools for Teachers, Homeschoolers: Lesson plans tied to
- OL Presenters Featured in AP Story
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]