By Operation Lifesaver 7-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, July 10, 2019 - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to announce it has awarded $175,000 in grant funds to 10 rail transit agencies in eight states to increase rail transit safety public awareness and implement safety education projects and campaigns.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2019
Thursday, June 6, 2019 marks the worldwide observance of International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD). For 11 years, ILCAD has focused attention on the preventable incidents that occur at railroad crossings throughout the world.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, April 10, 2019 — Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing collisions and rail trespass deaths increased in 2018, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
By Operation Lifesaver 3-19-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Joins 45 countries in observing International Level Crossing Awareness Day
- DOT Secretary LaHood highlights Operation Lifesaver’s distracted pedestrian and driving PSAs in blog
- Vote for OL’s PSAs in the People’s Telly Award (YouTube) Contest
- For National Bike Month, Operation Lifesaver Offers Six Tips for Safe Biking Near Train Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver Begins Houston Distracted Driving/Pedestrian Safety PSA Campaign
- Multitasking Pedestrians Tempt Tragedy; Operation Lifesaver/MARTA Begin Safety PSA Campaign
- Online Registration Begins for 16th International Operation Lifesaver Symposium & Training Seminars
- Operation Lifesaver Hails New Lows in 2009 Grade Crossing Incidents, Deaths and Injuries
- New California Public Awareness Campaign Aims to Reduce Train-Related Pedestrian Deaths and Injuries
- Operation Lifesaver Snowmobile Clip Debuts on YouTube
- Operation Lifesaver Trains New State Rail Safety Program Leaders
- Drivers Multitasking Near Train Tracks Face Disaster - Operation Lifesaver Releases Distracted Drivi
- Operation Lifesaver Films PSAs on Distracted Driving Near Railroad Tracks
- Operation Lifesaver shares safety tips; Warns hunters, others to avoid train tracks
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]