By Operation Lifesaver 6-07-2018
In the United States, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is once again pleased to observe International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) on June 7, with this year’s target audience of young level crossing users.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, June 5, 2018 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced new program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization in three states.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-18-2018
To reach new drivers – especially teens and young adults – with critical information on how to drive safely near train tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education organization Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) has released a new 10-minute driver training video, “How to Drive Near Trains,” and a 30-second public service announcement inviting new drivers to watch the video and enter a sweepstakes to win a Chrome Book.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-02-2018
National rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. wants to help first responders safely travel to emergencies and stay safe when responding to rail-related incidents with its interactive e-Learning program.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $200,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 12 states
- Selby, Wilson Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2016 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA on the dangers of train track selfies
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. hails drop in 2015 crossing collisions, notes increase in trespass deaths
- Barney retires, Franklin named as Vermont Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]