By lrectorsnipe 6-20-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, June 20, 2017 – Bonnie Murphy, president and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), and Robert C. VanderClute, OLI board chair, announced that five new members have joined the nonprofit organization’s board of directors, as of June 12.
By lrectorsnipe 6-02-2017
The United States chapter of Operation Lifesaver (OLI) is proud to observe International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) on June 2, to focus global attention on the concerning trend of distracted behavior at railroad crossings. Alongside more than 40 countries worldwide, a number of our state Operation Lifesaver programs will work with their safety partners to conduct awareness events in conjunction with ILCAD, targeting a broad audience to reach as many people as possible with these lifesaving messages.
By lrectorsnipe 5-24-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), today announced $219,000 in grants to Operation Lifesaver programs in 15 states. The grants will fund a variety of highway-rail grade crossing safety public education projects in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s upcoming U.S. Rail Safety Week, September 24-30, 2017.
By lrectorsnipe 5-17-2017
Bonnie Murphy, president and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), announced the addition of three new members for the national nonprofit organization’s board of directors, following an OLI board meeting in Washington, DC, on May 11.
- Statement on the death of former Operation Lifesaver Board Chair Reilly McCarren
- Increase in rail trespass deaths shows continued importance of safety education
- Operation Lifesaver notes increase in 2014 crossing and trespass fatalities
- Denise Gauthier of BNSF Railway named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. urges drivers to use caution at all highway-rail grade crossings
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on commuter train-vehicle crash
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Spokesman Kalina to participate in safety event
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Idaho, South Dakota
- Libby Rector Snipe Joins Operation Lifesaver, Inc. as Director of Communications
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Wins MarCom Awards
- Statement On the Death of Operation Lifesaver Co-Founder Sam Grayson
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in New Hampshire, Delaware
- Cayela Wimberly of Norfolk Southern named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Association of Mexican Railroads (AMF) joins Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Transit Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org