By lrectorsnipe 9-26-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 26, 2017) – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national rail safety education organization, is joining forces with Amtrak for “Operation Clear Track,” the largest simultaneous railroad safety law enforcement operation ever attempted in the United States, involving more than 200 police or sheriff’s departments across the lower 48 states.
By lrectorsnipe 9-25-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 25, 2017) – Saving lives by alerting people to the dangers of being inattentive at highway-rail grade crossings and along train tracks is the focus of a new campaign by national rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30. Radio and digital public service advertising campaigns and other activities are underway in states across the country. Rail Safety Week is supported by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), state Operation Lifesaver programs, Amtrak, the Association of American Railroads (AAR), freight railroads, and other safety partners.
By lrectorsnipe 9-22-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national nonprofit rail safety education organization, will hold a press conference during the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30, which aims to reduce rail-related driver injuries and fatalities and prevent trespassing on railroad property through increased public awareness. The event will include the announcement of a national rail safety enforcement effort; interview opportunities with speakers, including a mother who lost a son in a track trespassing incident, will be available following the press conference.
By lrectorsnipe 9-13-2017
Washington, D.C. (September 13, 2017) – As the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30 approaches, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy previewed the event’s planned activities, key sponsors and information on how potential participants can learn more. The goal of RSW is to raise awareness for pedestrians and drivers on ways they can keep themselves safe around railroad tracks and at highway-rail grade crossings.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 13 states
- Operation Lifesaver releases new VPSA targeting risky driver behavior near rail crossings
- New state coordinators named for Operation Lifesaver programs in California, North Carolina
- 2014 OLI annual report recaps See Tracks? Think Train! campaign, other activities
- Statement on the death of former Operation Lifesaver Board Chair Reilly McCarren
- Increase in rail trespass deaths shows continued importance of safety education
- Operation Lifesaver notes increase in 2014 crossing and trespass fatalities
- Denise Gauthier of BNSF Railway named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. urges drivers to use caution at all highway-rail grade crossings
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on commuter train-vehicle crash
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Spokesman Kalina to participate in safety event
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]