By Operation Lifesaver 2-08-2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national, nonprofit rail safety education group, today reported that messages about crossing safety and trespass prevention reached millions of Americans, generating more than 270 million impressions via news media coverage and social media advertising surrounding the first U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW) held September 24-30, 2017.
By Operation Lifesaver 1-22-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, January 23, 2018 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced three new state program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 1-05-2018
WASHINGTON, DC, January 5, 2018 – Operation Lifesaver Inc., (OLI) the national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting safety at railroad crossings and along railroad rights-of-way, has developed engaging new materials for its trained volunteer speakers to use in safety presentations with students in kindergarten through middle school.
By Operation Lifesaver 12-21-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, December 21, 2017 — Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Interim President Wende Corcoran announced new program leaders for the nonprofit rail safety education organization in three states.
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 13 states
- Operation Lifesaver releases new VPSA targeting risky driver behavior near rail crossings
- New state coordinators named for Operation Lifesaver programs in California, North Carolina
- 2014 OLI annual report recaps See Tracks? Think Train! campaign, other activities
- Statement on the death of former Operation Lifesaver Board Chair Reilly McCarren
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]