By Operation Lifesaver 4-04-2017
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy announced two new state coordinators for the nonprofit rail safety education organization: Michael (Mike) McCoy is now Colorado Operation Lifesaver state coordinator, succeeding LeeAnn Sterling, who retired; and Dalton (Dal) Tingle is now Texas Operation Lifesaver state coordinator, succeeding his wife, Sally Tingle, who is now Texas OL’s program administrator and media coordinator.
By Operation Lifesaver 3-21-2017
Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that vehicle-train collisions at highway-rail grade crossings fell 2.4 percent in 2016, according to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy.
By lrectorsnipe 3-16-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, March 16, 2017 – Bonnie Murphy, president and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), announced that the national nonprofit organization’s board of directors has elected Robert C. VanderClute as chair, following the recent resignation of previous OLI board chair William “Bill” Barringer, railroad consultant and former director of grade crossing safety at Norfolk Southern Corporation.
By Operation Lifesaver 2-28-2017
WASHINGTON, DC, February 28, 2017 - Operation Lifesaver (OLI, http://www.oli.org), the national, nonprofit rail safety education group, today announced that it will work with the U.S. Department of Transportation and other organizations to observe the first national Rail Safety Week (RSW), September 24-30, 2017.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. urges drivers to use caution at all highway-rail grade crossings
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on commuter train-vehicle crash
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Spokesman Kalina to participate in safety event
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Idaho, South Dakota
- Libby Rector Snipe Joins Operation Lifesaver, Inc. as Director of Communications
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Wins MarCom Awards
- Statement On the Death of Operation Lifesaver Co-Founder Sam Grayson
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in New Hampshire, Delaware
- Cayela Wimberly of Norfolk Southern named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Association of Mexican Railroads (AMF) joins Operation Lifesaver
- Operation Lifesaver unveils redesigned website home page
- DC Department of Transportation, Operation Lifesaver Launch Streetcar Safety Education Campaign
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to 11 transit agencies for “See Tracks? Think Train!” campaigns
- Anika Mercier Joins OLI as Special Assistant for Education and Operations
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit Inquiries: email@example.com