By lrectorsnipe 11-30-2016
WASHINGTON, DC, November 30, 2016 – Alarmed by several deadly incidents involving people making videos near railroad tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education group Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is releasing a new animated video to warn amateur filmmakers and smart phone users of the dangers and illegality of using train tracks for videos. The new video is the latest in a series drawing attention to illegal and dangerous activities involving train tracks.
By lrectorsnipe 11-16-2016
WASHINGTON, DC, November 16, 2016 – Bonnie Murphy, President and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), announced the addition of several new members for the national nonprofit organization’s Board of Directors and thanked previous members for their leadership. The changes were announced after the OLI Board met in Alexandria, Va. on November 3.
By lrectorsnipe 8-31-2016
WASHINGTON, DC, August 31, 2016 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, is sharing its safety tips for parents and caregivers to help keep kids safe as they head back to school. Trespassing on train tracks or property is the number one cause of rail-related casualties in the U.S., the group noted.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-06-2016
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), announced $175,000 in grants to 11 State Operation Lifesaver programs for a variety of highway-rail grade crossing safety public education projects, in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s ongoing “See Tracks? Think Train!” public awareness campaign.
- Libby Rector Snipe Joins Operation Lifesaver, Inc. as Director of Communications
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Wins MarCom Awards
- Statement On the Death of Operation Lifesaver Co-Founder Sam Grayson
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in New Hampshire, Delaware
- Cayela Wimberly of Norfolk Southern named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Association of Mexican Railroads (AMF) joins Operation Lifesaver
- Operation Lifesaver unveils redesigned website home page
- DC Department of Transportation, Operation Lifesaver Launch Streetcar Safety Education Campaign
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to 11 transit agencies for “See Tracks? Think Train!” campaigns
- Anika Mercier Joins OLI as Special Assistant for Education and Operations
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Delaware, New Mexico
- Operation Lifesaver President, Vice President discuss rail safety
- Viral Video Highlights Dangers of Rail Trespass
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. 2013 Annual Report Details Programs and Partnerships
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit Inquiries: email@example.com