By Operation Lifesaver 9-23-2019
Every year, 2,100 North Americans are killed or seriously injured when they engage in unsafe behavior around tracks and trains. Operation Lifesaver, a nonprofit organization operating in the U.S. and Canada, works to eliminate these preventable incidents. Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) and Operation Lifesaver Canada are joining forces this week to jointly observe Rail Safety Week in North America.
By Operation Lifesaver 8-28-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-22-2019
Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2019) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Chantez Bailey as its director of communications and marketing. Bailey brings over 10 years of experience in nonprofit marketing and brand awareness to the national rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, July 10, 2019 - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to announce it has awarded $175,000 in grant funds to 10 rail transit agencies in eight states to increase rail transit safety public awareness and implement safety education projects and campaigns.
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Spokesman Kalina to participate in safety event
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Idaho, South Dakota
- Libby Rector Snipe Joins Operation Lifesaver, Inc. as Director of Communications
- “See Tracks? Think Train!” Campaign Wins MarCom Awards
- Statement On the Death of Operation Lifesaver Co-Founder Sam Grayson
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in New Hampshire, Delaware
- Cayela Wimberly of Norfolk Southern named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
- Association of Mexican Railroads (AMF) joins Operation Lifesaver
- Operation Lifesaver unveils redesigned website home page
- DC Department of Transportation, Operation Lifesaver Launch Streetcar Safety Education Campaign
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to 11 transit agencies for “See Tracks? Think Train!” campaigns
- Anika Mercier Joins OLI as Special Assistant for Education and Operations
- New State Coordinators Named for Operation Lifesaver Programs in Delaware, New Mexico
- Operation Lifesaver President, Vice President discuss rail safety
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]