By Operation Lifesaver 9-23-2019
Every year, 2,100 North Americans are killed or seriously injured when they engage in unsafe behavior around tracks and trains. Operation Lifesaver, a nonprofit organization operating in the U.S. and Canada, works to eliminate these preventable incidents. Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) and Operation Lifesaver Canada are joining forces this week to jointly observe Rail Safety Week in North America.
By Operation Lifesaver 8-28-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-22-2019
Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2019) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Chantez Bailey as its director of communications and marketing. Bailey brings over 10 years of experience in nonprofit marketing and brand awareness to the national rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, July 10, 2019 - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to announce it has awarded $175,000 in grant funds to 10 rail transit agencies in eight states to increase rail transit safety public awareness and implement safety education projects and campaigns.
- Viral Video Highlights Dangers of Rail Trespass
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. 2013 Annual Report Details Programs and Partnerships
- Strang, Martino, Carlson Join Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Board of Directors
- New State Coordinators Tapped to Lead Operation Lifesaver Programs
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $200,000 for Rail Safety Public Education and Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Announces Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by Operation Lifesaver Inc. President Joyce Rose
- Hale, Pepper Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2014 National Safety Awards
- National Public Service Campaign Targets Risky Driver and Pedestrian Behavior Near Rail Tracks
- Statement on the Movie “Divergent” by Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President Joyce Rose
- FRA Administrator Joe Szabo to Keynote Operation Lifesaver 2014 Leadership Conference
- Make It Home Safe for the Holidays
- Operation Lifesaver Debuts New Volunteer Management System
- Operation Lifesaver Encourages Motorists to Look, Listen & Live This Thanksgiving
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]