News & Events
Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
WASHINGTON, DC, November 20, 2015 – The Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Board of Directors has elected members and officers for the two-year term that begins January 1, 2016.
William “Bill” Barringer, railroad consultant and former director of grade crossing safety at Norfolk Southern Corporation, was re-elected chairman of the board. Jo Strang, vice president for regulatory affairs at the American Short Line and Regional Railroads Association, was elected vice chairman, replacing longtime vice chairman Clyde J. Hart, Jr., who is stepping down from the OLI Board after nine years’ service. Steven Neubauer, director, institutional safety for BNSF Railway Company, was also re-elected as OLI’s secretary treasurer.
In addition to electing officers, the following OLI Board members renewed their terms for the next two years:
· Nicole Brewin, vice president government affairs, Railway Supply Institute, Inc.
· Doniele Carlson, assistant vice president corporate communications, Kansas City Southern Railway
· Janice Cowen, state coordinator, South Carolina Operation Lifesaver and chair, OLI National Advisory Council
· Shayne Gill, program director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
· Denise Gauthier, manager field safety support, BNSF Railway
· Nancy Hudson, state coordinator, Alabama Operation Lifesaver
· Michael Logue, chief safety officer, Amtrak
· Terry Ludban, representative, CSX Transportation
· Mike Martino, senior director safety and operations, Association of American Railroads
· Scott Sauer, assistant general manager of system safety, SEPTA
· John Simpson, senior manager grade crossing safety/compliance, Union Pacific Railroad
· Cayela Wimberly, grade crossing safety director, Norfolk Southern Corporation
Hart’s service to Operation Lifesaver and 30-year career in transportation and federal legislative and regulatory affairs was honored at the meeting. An Air Force Vietnam veteran, Hart has multiple degrees, including a law degree from Catholic University, two master’s degrees from George Washington and Marymount universities, and an honorary doctorate from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy. Hart’s career spans Capitol Hill, where he was senior counsel to the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee; the U.S. Department of Transportation, where he served as administrator of the Maritime Administration and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration; and the American Bus Association, where he directed government affairs and policy development for the bus industry.
“Operation Lifesaver, Inc. is incredibly fortunate to have a strong and active leadership team,” said Joyce Rose, OLI president and CEO. “Each Board member is knowledgeable, engaged, and committed to our mission to prevent deaths and injuries at railroad crossings and around rail and transit property.”
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver's mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and along railroad rights of way. A national network of trained volunteers provides free presentations on rail safety. Learn more at http://www.oli.org; follow OLI on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit Inquiries: email@example.com