News & Events
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. 2013 Annual Report Details Programs and Partnerships
ALEXANDRIA, Va., July 16, 2014 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI, www.oli.org) the rail safety education nonprofit, today released its 2013 annual report, which reviews the organization’s accomplishments, according to President and CEO Joyce Rose.
The activities detailed in OLI’s annual report include:
- The launch of its new Operation Lifesaver Authorized Volunteer (OLAV) program and results;
- Results of Operation Lifesaver’s education outreach and social media efforts in 2013;
- Activities involving international partners and programs, including visits from delegations representing Indian and Thai Railways, and OLI President Joyce Rose’s award-winning presentation at the 23rd International Railway Safety Conference;
- The distribution of grants from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) for safety campaigns and other activities in cities and states around the U.S.;
- The development of See Tracks? Think Train! an exciting new national public awareness campaign, with the assistance of the Association of American Railroads (AAR), FRA, and FTA; and
- Expanding partnerships for safety initiatives with Amtrak, the American Public Transportation Association, AAR and National Organizations for Youth Safety.
“Last year, Operation Lifesaver implemented its new volunteer training program, which will allow us to reach a broader audience with our rail safety messages,” Rose said. “With the development of the See Tracks? Think Train! campaign and increased partnerships with safety organizations in the U.S. and abroad, we will continue to make a difference in communities throughout America, and across the world.”
View and download the 2013 Operation Lifesaver annual report here.
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver's mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and along railroad rights of way. A national network of trained volunteers provides free presentations on rail safety. Learn more at http://www.oli.org; follow OLI on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Transit Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org