News & Events
By Operation Lifesaver 5-23-2013
Expect more traffic and drive mindfully around railroad and transit tracks. That’s the message the nonprofit rail safety education group Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (www.oli.org) has for the AAA-estimated 31.2 million travelers who will hit the roads for the unofficial opening of summer this Memorial Day weekend.
By Operation Lifesaver 5-14-2013
DeQuendre Bertrand has been named director of internal and external communications for Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI, www.oli.org), the nonprofit rail safety organization, OLI President and CEO Joyce Rose announced.
By Operation Lifesaver 5-07-2013
"In the face of growing demand for public transit, passenger and freight rail services, our mission of rail safety education is more relevant than ever."
Operation Lifesaver Activities Will Highlight Rail Safety Education on May 7, Crossing Awareness Day
By Operation Lifesaver 5-03-2013
Operation Lifesaver programs and partners across the U.S. will celebrate International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD, www.ilcad.org/ILCAD-2013) on May 7 with a variety of events to illustrate the importance of safe behavior at grade crossings and around train tracks.
- OLI Statement on the Nomination of Anthony Foxx as Secretary of Transportation
- Operation Lifesaver urges professional photographers to stay safe, stay away from train tracks
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Shares Rail Safety Education Methods with Indian Railways Delegation
- 2012 Operation Lifesaver Annual Report Highlights Rail Safety Education Efforts
- Operation Lifesaver notes drop in 2012 crossing collisions, increase in pedestrian-train casualties
- Operation Lifesaver, FTA Announce Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- OLI’s Rose Outlines Rail Safety Group’s Priorities at AASHTO Meeting
- Operation Lifesaver to Hold State Coordinator Summit in Chicago February 26-28
- Hanson, Brewin Named to Board of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.; Stayton is New Chair
- Operation Lifesaver Continues to Spread Rail Safety Message - St. Louis Post-Dispatch letter
- Operation Lifesaver Sponsoring Teams at Teen Distracted Driving Summit
- Capitol Hill Veteran Joyce Rose Named President, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver Video Offers New Drivers Lifesaving Railroad Crossing Tips
- Operation Lifesaver Video Shows Smart Commuters How to Use Rail Systems Safely
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- DeQuendre Bertrand, Director of Internal and External Communications - Phone 703-739-0284, or email [email protected]
- Carol P. Steckbeck, Media Consultant - Phone 919-303-5140, or email [email protected]
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]