News & Events
By OLI Communications 4-08-2014
National Public Service Campaign Targets Risky Driver and Pedestrian Behavior Near Rail Tracks in Effort to Save Lives
Federal Officials, Safety Advocates and Railroads Join Forces to Launch ‘See Tracks? Think Train!’WASHINGTON, D.C. (April 8, 2014) – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) today launched a new public service advertising (PSA) campaign called See Tracks? Think Train! which aims to reduce pedestrian and driver injuries and fatalities around railroad tracks by highlighting behaviors that put people at risk. Launched with the help of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Association of American Railroads (AAR), the PSA campaign features bilingual television, radio, print and billboard advertisements aimed at educating drivers and pedestrians in the hopes of saving lives.
By OLI Communications 3-21-2014
The action-adventure film "Divergent," which opened in theaters nationwide this week, depicts a future world where people are divided into factions based on human virtues. Unfortunately, like the young adult novel upon which it is based, in the movie members of the Dauntless faction travel to different parts of their post-apocalyptic city by jumping onto and off of moving trains.
Although this movie depicts a fantasy world, in real life, about every three hours a person or vehicle is hit by a train in the United States.
By OLI Communications 2-09-2014Conference Set for May 14-15, 2014 in Albuquerque, N.M.Operation Lifesaver (OLI, oli.org), the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, will hold its 2014 Leadership Conference and Training Seminars May 14-15 at the Embassy Suites, 1000 Woodward Place NE in Albuquerque, N.M. Federal Railroad Administrator Joseph Szabo will be the keynote speaker at the event, which will draw OL state leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, safety partners and other rail safety advocates. The conference theme is "See Tracks? Think Train!" The theme is also the slogan of Operation Lifesaver’s upcoming public awareness campaign, to be launched this spring.
By OLI Communications 12-21-2013
Operation Lifesaver Encourages Drivers to Pay Attention to Rail Safety during Winter Travel
- Operation Lifesaver Debuts New Volunteer Management System
- Operation Lifesaver Encourages Motorists to Look, Listen & Live This Thanksgiving
- Operation Lifesaver’s Board of Directors Elects New Officers
- Operation Lifesaver President and Vice President Describe Innovations in Rail Safety Education
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Gena Shelton as New Ohio State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Offers Lifesaving Educational Tools For School Bus Drivers
- Joyce Rose Addresses International Gathering Of Rail Safety Professionals
- Region 1 Operation Lifesaver Programs Convene Biennial Workshop
- Operation Lifesaver and the American Public Transportation Association Strengthen Ties
- On Labor Day, Operation Lifesaver Urges the Public to “See Tracks - Think Train”
- Scott Sauer Joins the Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors
- Operation Lifesaver and NOYS Promote Rail and Transit Safety for Youth at National Conference
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc., to Promote Rail and Transit Safety Among Youth
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Sheryl Cummings as the New Minnesota State Coordinator
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Carol P. Steckbeck, Media Consultant - Phone 919-303-5140, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for Updates
Save the Date: 2014 Leadership Workshop May 14-15, 2014
Operation Lifesaver state program leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, trainers, presenters and partners: Put this on your calendar! May 14-15, 2014 are the dates for our next Leadership Workshop, which will be held at the Embassy Suites,1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico. The theme of this must-attend event for rail safety advocates is "See Tracks? Think Train!"