News & Events
By OLI Communications 12-03-2013Nonprofit Seeks More Volunteers to Conduct Rail Safety Education ActivitiesALEXANDRIA, Va. — Following months of technological investment, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) has unveiled a new system to recruit and manage its volunteers, who provide rail safety and anti-trespassing education to professional drivers, schools, new drivers and other community groups around the country.The journey to become an “Operation Lifesaver Authorized Volunteer,” or OLAV, starts online, at http://oli.org/training/volunteer-for-oli.
By OLI Communications 11-26-2013
Although AAA projects that slightly fewer people will travel for Thanksgiving this year, the auto club expects 43.4 million people in the United States to go at least 50 miles from home on turkey day – 90 percent of them by automobile. National rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is encouraging motorists to play it safe at grade crossings as they go.
By OLI Communications 11-18-2013
Operation Lifesaver’s Board of Directors Elects New Officers
Three New Rail Safety Professionals Attend First Board Meeting
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — William “Bill” Barringer, director of grade crossing safety at Norfolk Southern Corporation (NS), was named chairman of Operation Lifesaver’s 14-member board of directors last week. Cliff Stayton, director of hazardous materials programs at CSX, stepped down as chairman of the rail crossing safety nonprofit’s board.
By OLI Communications 11-06-2013
Organization Keeps Up with the Times and Leverages Social Media, E-Learning
FORT WORTH, Tex. — Through its traditional outreach methods – presentations and special events – rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), annually teaches roughly 2.7 million people about the importance of crossing railroad tracks safely and avoiding trespassing on railroad tracks. However, freight, passenger and transit rail traffic is growing, and with the growing tide of distracted behavior thanks to mobile electronic devices, the mandate to reach, and reteach, more people is evident.
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Gena Shelton as New Ohio State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Offers Lifesaving Educational Tools For School Bus Drivers
- Joyce Rose Addresses International Gathering Of Rail Safety Professionals
- Region 1 Operation Lifesaver Programs Convene Biennial Workshop
- Operation Lifesaver and the American Public Transportation Association Strengthen Ties
- On Labor Day, Operation Lifesaver Urges the Public to “See Tracks - Think Train”
- Scott Sauer Joins the Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors
- Operation Lifesaver and NOYS Promote Rail and Transit Safety for Youth at National Conference
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc., to Promote Rail and Transit Safety Among Youth
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Sheryl Cummings as the New Minnesota State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver Announces Grants to Eight Transit Agencies for Public Safety Campaigns
- New State Coordinators Tapped to Lead Operation Lifesaver Programs in the Dakotas
- Drew McCaskey Named Delaware State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $200,000 for Rail Safety Public Education and Awareness Campaigns
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- DeQuendre Bertrand, Director of Internal and External Communications - Phone 703-739-0284, or email email@example.com
- Carol P. Steckbeck, Media Consultant - Phone 919-303-5140, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for Updates
Save the Date: 2014 Leadership Workshop May 14-15, 2014
Operation Lifesaver state program leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, trainers, presenters and partners: Put this on your calendar! May 14-15, 2014 are the dates for our next Leadership Workshop, which will be held at the Embassy Suites,1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico. The theme of this must-attend event for rail safety advocates is "See Tracks? Think Train!"