By lrectorsnipe 5-13-2016
Railroad safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver (OL, www.oli.org) presented national safety awards highlighting individual achievements in preventing deaths and injuries around tracks and trains to Lynn Selby of El Mirage, Ariz., and Dr. Lanny Wilson of Hinsdale, Ill. Selby received the F. Tom Roberts Memorial Volunteer Award for his rail safety education outreach efforts in Arizona; Wilson received the OL Champion Award for being a champion of rail safety education to prevent vehicle-train collisions in Illinois and nationally. The awards were presented at a banquet during the Operation Lifesaver Leadership Conference here, which carried the theme “Rail Safety – A Mission for Life.”
By lrectorsnipe 4-13-2016
To warn smart phone users of the dangers and illegality of taking “selfies” while on train tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education group Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI) is releasing a new animated video public service announcement(VPSA). The VPSA takes a humorous approach to raise awareness of the perils of this activity among the selfie-obsessed, especially younger social media fans and their parents, as well as risk-taking 18-28 year old males. The VPSA is the second in Operation Lifesaver’s campaign to dissuade people from taking train track photos.
By lrectorsnipe 3-15-2016
Vehicle-train collisions and deaths at highway-rail grade crossings fell in 2015, along with injuries to pedestrians trespassing on train tracks, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy said today. In contrast, the number of people killed while trespassing on train tracks rose compared to 2014, as did the number injured as a result of crossing collisions.
By lrectorsnipe 2-09-2016
Nancee Barney, a longtime railroad safety advocate who has led the Vermont Operation Lifesaver program for 12 years, is retiring from the position, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President and CEO Bonnie Murphy announced. State of Vermont Grant Programs Manager Alan C. Franklin will succeed Barney as state coordinator.
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 13 states
- Operation Lifesaver releases new VPSA targeting risky driver behavior near rail crossings
- New state coordinators named for Operation Lifesaver programs in California, North Carolina
- 2014 OLI annual report recaps See Tracks? Think Train! campaign, other activities
- Statement on the death of former Operation Lifesaver Board Chair Reilly McCarren
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit Inquiries: email@example.com