News & Events
By OLI Communications 2-09-2014Conference Set for May 14-15, 2014 in Albuquerque, N.M.Operation Lifesaver (OLI, oli.org), the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, will hold its 2014 Leadership Conference and Training Seminars May 14-15 at the Embassy Suites, 1000 Woodward Place NE in Albuquerque, N.M. Federal Railroad Administrator Joseph Szabo will be the keynote speaker at the event, which will draw OL state leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, safety partners and other rail safety advocates. The conference theme is "See Tracks? Think Train!" The theme is also the slogan of Operation Lifesaver’s upcoming public awareness campaign, to be launched this spring.
By OLI Communications 12-21-2013
Operation Lifesaver Encourages Drivers to Pay Attention to Rail Safety during Winter Travel
By OLI Communications 12-03-2013Nonprofit Seeks More Volunteers to Conduct Rail Safety Education ActivitiesALEXANDRIA, Va. — Following months of technological investment, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) has unveiled a new system to recruit and manage its volunteers, who provide rail safety and anti-trespassing education to professional drivers, schools, new drivers and other community groups around the country.The journey to become an “Operation Lifesaver Authorized Volunteer,” or OLAV, starts online, at http://oli.org/training/volunteer-for-oli.
By OLI Communications 11-26-2013
Although AAA projects that slightly fewer people will travel for Thanksgiving this year, the auto club expects 43.4 million people in the United States to go at least 50 miles from home on turkey day – 90 percent of them by automobile. National rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is encouraging motorists to play it safe at grade crossings as they go.
- Operation Lifesaver’s Board of Directors Elects New Officers
- Operation Lifesaver President and Vice President Describe Innovations in Rail Safety Education
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Gena Shelton as New Ohio State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Offers Lifesaving Educational Tools For School Bus Drivers
- Joyce Rose Addresses International Gathering Of Rail Safety Professionals
- Region 1 Operation Lifesaver Programs Convene Biennial Workshop
- Operation Lifesaver and the American Public Transportation Association Strengthen Ties
- On Labor Day, Operation Lifesaver Urges the Public to “See Tracks - Think Train”
- Scott Sauer Joins the Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors
- Operation Lifesaver and NOYS Promote Rail and Transit Safety for Youth at National Conference
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc., to Promote Rail and Transit Safety Among Youth
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Sheryl Cummings as the New Minnesota State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver Announces Grants to Eight Transit Agencies for Public Safety Campaigns
- New State Coordinators Tapped to Lead Operation Lifesaver Programs in the Dakotas
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- DeQuendre Bertrand, Director of Internal and External Communications - Phone 703-739-0284, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol P. Steckbeck, Media Consultant - Phone 919-303-5140, or email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Sign Up for Updates
Save the Date: 2014 Leadership Workshop May 14-15, 2014
Operation Lifesaver state program leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, trainers, presenters and partners: Put this on your calendar! May 14-15, 2014 are the dates for our next Leadership Workshop, which will be held at the Embassy Suites,1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico. The theme of this must-attend event for rail safety advocates is "See Tracks? Think Train!"