By lrectorsnipe 6-16-2016Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy announced two new state coordinators for the nonprofit rail safety education organization.
By lrectorsnipe 6-09-2016
U.S. rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI) will participate in the eighth annual observance of International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) June 10-11 as one of 40 countries calling worldwide attention to the need for safe behavior near tracks and trains.
By lrectorsnipe 5-25-2016
Today, Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI), in partnership with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), announced that $200,000 in grants will be awarded to 12 state Operation Lifesaver programs for a variety of rail crossing safety and anti-trespassing public education projects. Most of the projects will incorporate elements from the nonprofit safety group’s “See Tracks? Think Train!” public awareness campaign.
By lrectorsnipe 5-13-2016
Railroad safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver (OL, www.oli.org) presented national safety awards highlighting individual achievements in preventing deaths and injuries around tracks and trains to Lynn Selby of El Mirage, Ariz., and Dr. Lanny Wilson of Hinsdale, Ill. Selby received the F. Tom Roberts Memorial Volunteer Award for his rail safety education outreach efforts in Arizona; Wilson received the OL Champion Award for being a champion of rail safety education to prevent vehicle-train collisions in Illinois and nationally. The awards were presented at a banquet during the Operation Lifesaver Leadership Conference here, which carried the theme “Rail Safety – A Mission for Life.”
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA on the dangers of train track selfies
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. hails drop in 2015 crossing collisions, notes increase in trespass deaths
- Barney retires, Franklin named as Vermont Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 13 states
- Operation Lifesaver releases new VPSA targeting risky driver behavior near rail crossings
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Transit Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org