By lrectorsnipe 2-09-2016
Nancee Barney, a longtime railroad safety advocate who has led the Vermont Operation Lifesaver program for 12 years, is retiring from the position, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President and CEO Bonnie Murphy announced. State of Vermont Grant Programs Manager Alan C. Franklin will succeed Barney as state coordinator.
By lrectorsnipe 1-05-2016
Bonnie Murphy, a former commuter rail executive and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) official, will become President and CEO of Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI) in late January, OLI Board Chair Bill Barringer announced today.
By lrectorsnipe 12-03-2015
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) announced the award of $148,500 in grant funds to eight rail transit agencies in seven states for public awareness and safety education projects.
By lrectorsnipe 12-01-2015
Alarmed by an increase in deadly incidents involving photography and railroad tracks, the national nonprofit rail safety education group Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI) is releasing a new animated video public service announcement (VPSA) to raise awareness among professional photographers of the dangers of this trend.
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 13 states
- Operation Lifesaver releases new VPSA targeting risky driver behavior near rail crossings
- New state coordinators named for Operation Lifesaver programs in California, North Carolina
- 2014 OLI annual report recaps See Tracks? Think Train! campaign, other activities
- Statement on the death of former Operation Lifesaver Board Chair Reilly McCarren
- Increase in rail trespass deaths shows continued importance of safety education
- Operation Lifesaver notes increase in 2014 crossing and trespass fatalities
- Denise Gauthier of BNSF Railway named to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. board
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : email@example.com
Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transit Inquiries: email@example.com