News & Events
By kjones 7-16-2014
Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI, www.oli.org) the rail safety education nonprofit, today released its 2013 annual report, which reviews the organization’s accomplishments, according to President and CEO Joyce Rose.
By kjones 7-10-2014
Three new members have been named to the board of directors of rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI)
By kjones 6-26-2014
Operation Lifesaver announced that new North Carolina and Pennsylvania state coordinators have been appointed for the nonprofit rail safety education organization. Vickie Miller will lead North Carolina Operation Lifesaver, succeeding former NC OL State Coordinator Vivian Bridges, and Thomas Algatt will lead the Pennsylvania state program, taking over from Don Lubinsky
By kjones 6-11-2014
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI), in partnership with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), announced more than $200,000 in grants to 21 State Operation Lifesaver programs for a variety of rail crossing safety and anti-trespassing public education projects and public service announcements, in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s recently launched “See Tracks? Think Train!” public awareness campaign.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Announces Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by Operation Lifesaver Inc. President Joyce Rose
- Hale, Pepper Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2014 National Safety Awards
- National Public Service Campaign Targets Risky Driver and Pedestrian Behavior Near Rail Tracks
- Statement on the Movie “Divergent” by Operation Lifesaver, Inc. President Joyce Rose
- FRA Administrator Joe Szabo to Keynote Operation Lifesaver 2014 Leadership Conference
- Make It Home Safe for the Holidays
- Operation Lifesaver Debuts New Volunteer Management System
- Operation Lifesaver Encourages Motorists to Look, Listen & Live This Thanksgiving
- Operation Lifesaver’s Board of Directors Elects New Officers
- Operation Lifesaver President and Vice President Describe Innovations in Rail Safety Education
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes Gena Shelton as New Ohio State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Offers Lifesaving Educational Tools For School Bus Drivers
- Joyce Rose Addresses International Gathering Of Rail Safety Professionals
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Carol P. Steckbeck, Media Consultant - Phone 919-303-5140, or email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver’s mission is to end collisions, deaths and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings and on rail property through a nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety. Our national office in Alexandria, VA, supports state programs, developing videos, educational brochures, instructional information and other materials for audiences of all ages. Our state coordinators are located in all 50 states.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Sign Up for Updates
Save the Date: 2014 Leadership Workshop May 14-15, 2014
Operation Lifesaver state program leaders, authorized volunteers, coaches, trainers, presenters and partners: Put this on your calendar! May 14-15, 2014 are the dates for our next Leadership Workshop, which will be held at the Embassy Suites,1000 Woodward Place NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico. The theme of this must-attend event for rail safety advocates is "See Tracks? Think Train!"