OLI Extends Deadline for Rail Transit Safety Education Grants to November 4, 2022
WASHINGTON, DC, October 24, 2022 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) today announced that the application deadline for its competitive Rail Transit Safety Education Grants has been extended to November 4. The grants offer a total of $200,000 in funding for transit agencies and government entities that provide transit service to conduct rail transit safety education and public awareness initiatives.
“In order to give transit agencies across the U.S. more time to apply, Operation Lifesaver is pleased announce that the application deadline has been extended for our Rail Transit Safety Education Grants,” said OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh. “The Federal Transit Administration’s support for these grants over the last 20 years has been an important part of our efforts to share the rail safety message with rail transit riders and the communities where they operate.”
Maleh continued, “As passenger rail and rail transit continues to grow, these grants provide needed transit rail safety education to help make communities safer. Together, we can stop track tragedies, and save lives.”
Additional details on OLI’s competitive Rail Transit Safety Education Grants are below.
- Projects must be focused on safety education or public awareness initiatives in communities with operating or planned rail transit systems (commuter rail, light rail, subway and streetcar).
- The grants offer a total of $200,000 in funding for transit agencies and government entities that provide transit service to conduct rail transit safety education and public awareness initiatives.
- Grant amounts are capped at $20,000 and require non-federal matching funds of at least 25 percent of project costs.
- OLI must approve all materials created as part of the grant and all grants must be coordinated with state Operation Lifesaver programs. Contact information for State Coordinators throughout the U.S. is available at https://oli.org/state-coordinators.
- Information on how to apply for the grant, required elements of the application and evaluation guidelines are available here.
- To access the online application, click on one of the following links: First-time Common Grant Application users may register here. Returning Common Grant Application users may apply here.
- Potential applicants seeking further details may contact Wende Corcoran at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted via the Common Grant Application online grant processing program by the extended deadline of November 4, 2022. Grant awards will be announced by December 1, 2022.
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver, which this year celebrates the 50th anniversary of its founding in 1972, is a non-profit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and preventing trespassing on or near railroad tracks. In 1986 the non-profit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) national office was created to help support and coordinate efforts of state Operation Lifesaver programs, saving lives by sharing rail safety messages with audiences across the U.S. and beyond. OLI programs are active in 47 states and the District of Columbia. A national network of trained volunteers gives free rail safety presentations encouraging safe behavior near tracks and trains. OLI’s free Railroad Investigation and Safety Course (RISC) provides critical information for first responders when managing incidents around tracks and trains. Learn more about OLI and Rail Safety Week; follow OLI on social media via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.