By Operation Lifesaver 12-06-2018
Thomas Brings More Than 20 Years of Experience to the Role
Washington, D.C. (December 6, 2018) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Ericka Thomas as the Manager of Education, Training and Instructional Design for the national rail safety education organization. In this role, she will develop safety education materials for the public, and provide oversight for OLI eLearning programs as well as instructor-led training for Operation Lifesaver Authorized Volunteers (OLAVs) and OLI Coaches.
By Operation Lifesaver 11-01-2018
Maleh Brings Nearly 30 Years of Experience to the Role
Washington, D.C. (November 1, 2018) – The Board of Directors of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to welcome Ms. Rachel Maleh as Executive Director of the nonprofit railroad safety education organization. Maleh has served as OLI’s Interim Chief Operating Officer since February 2018.
By Operation Lifesaver 10-25-2018
Washington, D.C. (October 25, 2018) – The report “Best Practices for Rail Transit Safety Education” is now available from Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), the national nonprofit rail safety education organization. The report was produced to assist transit agencies in developing effective public education campaigns in their communities. OLI works with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and transit agencies across the country to promote safe behavior around light rail, streetcars, commuter rail, and subways.
By Operation Lifesaver 10-23-2018
Washington, D.C. (October 23, 2018) - The national rail safety education organization Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) congratulates Ronald Ries for being selected as the recipient of the Champion Award for 2018. Ries recently accepted the honor at a meeting of OLI’s National Advisory Council where he has served as the federal agency representative for many years. Ries is the Staff Director of the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) Highway-Rail Crossing and Trespasser Programs Division.
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Director of Communications & Marketing
- Amtrak Police and Operation Lifesaver Mobilize Largest Railroad Safety Operation in U.S.
- Public urged to help #STOPTrackTragedies during first North American Rail Safety Week
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,525 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 16 states
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by OLI Interim President Wende Corcoran
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Maine, Ohio and the Dakotas
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. promotes latest video, materials for new drivers with online sweepstakes
- Free e-Learning program from OLI provides crossing safety training for first responders
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. concerned by rise in 2017 crossing collisions, trespass incidents
- Operation Lifesaver shares 2017 Rail Safety Week report, announces joint U.S.-Canada effort in 2018
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Texas
- Operation Lifesaver offers new educational materials for free rail safety presentations
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Connecticut, Florida and Kansas
- New Operation Lifesaver videos share rail safety messages for young adults
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]