By Operation Lifesaver 3-19-2019
Three new leaders are in place for rail safety nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) state programs, says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh.
By Operation Lifesaver 3-13-2019
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) today announced that the application period is open for its competitive Rail Transit Safety Education Grants.
By Operation Lifesaver 2-13-2019
Washington, D.C. (February 13, 2019) – Americans and Canadians will observe Rail Safety Week together again this fall. Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) and Operation Lifesaver Canada are working to plan the observance of Rail Safety Week in North America Sept. 22-28. The week-long event encourages safe behavior near railroad tracks.
By Operation Lifesaver 2-06-2019
Funding Supports Projects Designed to Help Save Lives
Washington, D.C. (February 6, 2019) – Millions of Americans will learn more about staying safe near trains from Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) thanks to a generous donation from the Posner Foundation of Pittsburgh.
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Education Manager
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Executive Director
- Rail Transit Safety Education Best Practices Report Available
- Ries Named Recipient of Operation Lifesaver’s Champion Award
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Director of Communications & Marketing
- Amtrak Police and Operation Lifesaver Mobilize Largest Railroad Safety Operation in U.S.
- Public urged to help #STOPTrackTragedies during first North American Rail Safety Week
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,525 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 16 states
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by OLI Interim President Wende Corcoran
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Maine, Ohio and the Dakotas
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. promotes latest video, materials for new drivers with online sweepstakes
- Free e-Learning program from OLI provides crossing safety training for first responders
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. concerned by rise in 2017 crossing collisions, trespass incidents
- Operation Lifesaver shares 2017 Rail Safety Week report, announces joint U.S.-Canada effort in 2018
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]