By Operation Lifesaver 7-22-2019
Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2019) - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) welcomes Chantez Bailey as its director of communications and marketing. Bailey brings over 10 years of experience in nonprofit marketing and brand awareness to the national rail safety education organization.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, July 10, 2019 - Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) is pleased to announce it has awarded $175,000 in grant funds to 10 rail transit agencies in eight states to increase rail transit safety public awareness and implement safety education projects and campaigns.
By Operation Lifesaver 6-05-2019
Thursday, June 6, 2019 marks the worldwide observance of International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD). For 11 years, ILCAD has focused attention on the preventable incidents that occur at railroad crossings throughout the world.
By Operation Lifesaver 4-10-2019
WASHINGTON, DC, April 10, 2019 — Recently-released U.S. government statistics reveal that railroad grade crossing collisions and rail trespass deaths increased in 2018, according to rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI).
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Kansas, Oklahoma and Wisconsin
- Applications Open for Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Rail Safety Week is Sept. 22-28 in the U.S. and Canada
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Receives Donation from Posner Family Foundation
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Education Manager
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Executive Director
- Rail Transit Safety Education Best Practices Report Available
- Ries Named Recipient of Operation Lifesaver’s Champion Award
- Operation Lifesaver Welcomes New Director of Communications & Marketing
- Amtrak Police and Operation Lifesaver Mobilize Largest Railroad Safety Operation in U.S.
- Public urged to help #STOPTrackTragedies during first North American Rail Safety Week
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $205,525 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 16 states
- Statement on International Crossing Awareness Day by OLI Interim President Wende Corcoran
- Operation Lifesaver names new state coordinators in Maine, Ohio and the Dakotas
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, email general[at]oli.org or contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308.
If you are a reporter seeking information for a local news story, view our list of state Operation Lifesaver program contacts.
If you are on deadline for a story and would like Operation Lifesaver, Inc.'s perspective on a highway-rail safety or trespass prevention topic, email news[at]oli.org
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in states across the U.S. and a national office in Washington, D.C., that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
425 Third Street SW, Suite 915
Washington, D.C. 20024
Email : [email protected]
Media Inquiries: [email protected]
Transit Inquiries: [email protected]