Operation Lifesaver Announces New Members on Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, DC, November 16, 2016 – Bonnie Murphy, President and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), announced the addition of several new members for the national nonprofit organization’s Board of Directors and thanked previous members for their leadership. The changes were announced after the OLI Board met in Alexandria, Va. on November 3.
“These new board members, like their outgoing counterparts, are dedicated to our mission to prevent deaths and injuries at railroad crossings and around freight, passenger and transit tracks and property,” Murphy said. “We are grateful to all of them for their leadership and careful stewardship of our rail safety education efforts.”
New members on the OLI board include:
- Katie Chimelewski, Director Community Affairs and Safety, CSX, replaces longtime board member, consultant and former CSX Director Community Affairs and Safety Terry Ludban. The board named Ludban Special Adviser to the President.
- Jessica Feder, Indiana Operation Lifesaver Executive Director, is now Chair-Elect of OLI’s National Advisory Council.
- Denise Gauthier, Senior Manager Field Safety Support, BNSF Railway, is now chair of the OLI National Advisory Council, replacing South Carolina Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator Janice Cowen, whose term expired.
- Danny Lites, Public Safety Director, Kansas City Southern Railway, replaces KCS Assistant Vice President Corporate Communications Doniele Carlson.
- Nancy Sheehan-McCulloch, State Coordinator, California Operation Lifesaver, takes over as State Coordinator on the Board from Nancy Hudson, executive director, Alabama Operation Lifesaver.
OLI Board officers continuing their terms include Chairman William “Bill” Barringer, railroad consultant and former director of grade crossing safety at Norfolk Southern Corporation; Vice Chair Jo Strang, vice president for regulatory affairs at the American Short Line and Regional Railroads Association; and Secretary Treasurer Steven Neubauer, director, institutional safety for BNSF Railway Company.
The following OLI Board members also remain in their positions:
- Nicole Brewin, vice president government affairs, Railway Supply Institute, Inc.
- Shayne Gill, program director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Michael Logue, chief safety officer, Amtrak
- Mike Martino, senior director safety and operations, Association of American Railroads
- Scott Sauer, assistant general manager of system safety, SEPTA
- John Simpson, senior manager grade crossing safety/compliance, Union Pacific Railroad
- Cayela Wimberly, grade crossing safety director, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Bonnie Murphy, president and CEO, OLI, is a non-voting, ex-officio member of the board.
About Operation Lifesaver - Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and preventing trespassing on or near railroad tracks. A national network of trained volunteers gives free presentations on rail safety and a public awareness campaign, “See Tracks? Think Train!” provides the general public with tips and statistics to encourage safe behavior near the tracks. Learn more at http://www.oli.org; follow OLI on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterestand Instagram.