Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Names 2021-23 Board and National Advisory Committee Members
WASHINGTON, DC, April 28, 2021 – Operation Lifesaver Inc. (OLI), the national rail safety non-profit committed to preventing injuries and fatalities around railroad tracks and trains, announces the members of its Board of Directors and National Advisory Council (NAC) for the two-year term that began January 1, 2021.
OLI’s Board of Directors provides organizational oversight and actively engages in sharing the rail safety message. The NAC assists the Operation Lifesaver National Office in creating the programs and materials used to deliver safety messages to the public.
“Operation Lifesaver, Inc. is incredibly fortunate to have dedicated, active board members as well as engaged NAC members,” says OLI Executive Director Rachel Maleh. “All of these knowledgeable professionals are committed to our mission to prevent deaths and injuries at railroad crossings and around rail and transit property.”
2021-23 OLI Board Members:
- Jo Strang, Chair of the Board, Senior Vice President Safety and Regulatory Policy, American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association (ASLRRA)
- Mark A. Schulze, Vice Chairman of the Board, Vice President, Safety, Training and Operations Support, BNSF Railway Company
- Jason M. Morris, Treasurer, Assistant Vice President Safety and Environmental, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Nancy Hudson, Secretary, State Coordinator on the Board, Executive Director, AL Operation Lifesaver
- Katie Chimelewski, National Advisory Council Co-Chair, Director, Safety & Certification, American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- Jessica Feder, National Advisory Council Co-Chair, Executive Director, IN Operation Lifesaver
- Rachel Maleh, Ex-Officio Non-Voting, Executive Director, Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Nicole Brewin, Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs, Railway Supply Institute, Inc.
- Kelly Clough, Deputy Chief of Police, Canadian Pacific Railway
- Martin Conway, Deputy Chief, Amtrak Police Department
- Stephen Covey, Chief of Police and Chief Security Officer, Canadian National
- Sean Douris, Chief of Police, Public Safety, & Infrastructure Protection, CSX
- Andy Elkins, Manager of Hazmat Compliance, Association of American Railroads
- Shayne Gill, Program Director for Multimodal Transportation, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Polly Hanson, Director of Security, Risk, and Emergency Management, American Public Transportation Association
- Barry E. Morton, Assistant Vice President, Health & Safety, The Kansas City Southern Railway Company
- Emma Moser, Director, Safety & Reporting, Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services, Inc.
- Suzanne M. Rohde, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs & Policy, American Bus Association
- John Walsh,Director of Hazardous Materials Programs, Short Line Safety Institute
- Lawrence K. Wenko, Sr. Manager Public Safety, Union Pacific Railroad
2021-2023 OLI National Advisory Committee Members:
- Katie Chimelewski, Co-Chair, Director, Safety & Certification, American Road & Transportation Builders Association
- Jessica Feder, Co-Chair, Executive Director, IN Operation Lifesaver
- Rachel Maleh, Ex-Officio, Executive Director, Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Tasha Bartholomew, Manager of Communications, Caltrain
- Tracy Bergerson, Detective, CP Police
- Jason Bishop, Regional Manager Community Affairs and Safety, CSX
- Jonathan Bondra, Police Inspector, CN Police Department
- Kevin Burns, State Coordinator, CT Operation Lifesaver
- Rick Campbell, Senior Project Manager, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Janice Cowen, State Coordinator, SC Operation Lifesaver
- Jessica Devorsky, Executive Director, TX Operation Lifesaver
- Doug Farler, State Coordinator, AZ Operation Lifesaver
- Scott Gabree, Engineering Psychologist, US DOT, Volpe Center
- Tim Hull, Executive Director, MO Operation Lifesaver
- Taylor Kelley, Manager of Safety, Training and Regulatory Compliance, Rio Grande Pacific Corp.
- Nadji Kirby, Senior Program Manager - Domestic Road Safety, Safe Kids Worldwide
- Steve Kreins, Executive Director, OR Operation Lifesaver
- Danny Lites, Public Safety Director, The Kansas City Southern Railway Company
- Jeff Longman, Assistant Chief of Police, BNSF Railway Police
- Will Miller, Public Safety Director, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- R. Quinn Norman, Representative, Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
- James Payne, Staff Director, Grade Crossing Safety and Trespass Prevention Program Division, Federal Railroad Administration
- Barbara Petito, Lead Communications Specialist, Amtrak Police Department
- Ryan Ringelman, General Director System Safety, BNSF Railway Company
- Buck Russel, Sr. Supervisor Public Safety, Union Pacific Railroad
- Kimbler Sloan, Executive Director, MS Operation Lifesaver
- Alan Stouder, State Coordinator, OH Operation Lifesaver
- Tamo Vahemets, Chairman of the Board, Operation Lifesaver Estonia
About Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.is a non-profit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and preventing trespassing on or near railroad tracks. A national network of trained volunteers gives free presentations on rail safety and a public awareness campaign,“See Tracks? Think Train!”provides tips and statistics to encourage safe behavior near the tracks. Learn more about Rail Safety Week; follow OLI onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter,Pinterest and YouTube.