By lrectorsnipe 8-31-2016
WASHINGTON, DC, August 31, 2016 – Operation Lifesaver, Inc. the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, is sharing its safety tips for parents and caregivers to help keep kids safe as they head back to school. Trespassing on train tracks or property is the number one cause of rail-related casualties in the U.S., the group noted.
By Operation Lifesaver 7-06-2016
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), announced $175,000 in grants to 11 State Operation Lifesaver programs for a variety of highway-rail grade crossing safety public education projects, in conjunction with the nonprofit safety group’s ongoing “See Tracks? Think Train!” public awareness campaign.
By lrectorsnipe 6-16-2016Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) President and CEO Bonnie Murphy announced two new state coordinators for the nonprofit rail safety education organization.
By lrectorsnipe 6-09-2016
U.S. rail safety education nonprofit Operation Lifesaver, Inc.(OLI) will participate in the eighth annual observance of International Level Crossing Awareness Day (ILCAD) June 10-11 as one of 40 countries calling worldwide attention to the need for safe behavior near tracks and trains.
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. awards $200,000 for rail safety public awareness campaigns in 12 states
- Selby, Wilson Named Recipients of Operation Lifesaver 2016 National Safety Awards
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA on the dangers of train track selfies
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. hails drop in 2015 crossing collisions, notes increase in trespass deaths
- Barney retires, Franklin named as Vermont Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Rail industry veteran Bonnie Murphy named president, CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
- Operation Lifesaver announces grants to eight rail transit agencies for safety education campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver releases VPSA to stop train track photography trend
- Operation Lifesaver Board of Directors Elects New Officers for Upcoming Term
- Mooney retires, Hull named as Missouri Operation Lifesaver State Coordinator
- Operation Lifesaver President Joyce Rose to complete tenure with nonprofit in 2015
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. Awards $204,000 for Crossing Safety Public Awareness Campaigns
- Operation Lifesaver, Inc. opens applications for 2015 Rail Transit Safety Education Grants
- Statement from OLI President Joyce Rose on MTA Safety Partnership
Operation Lifesaver, Inc. understands the importance of the news media’s role in helping the public make safe decisions around tracks and trains.
To request further information about Operation Lifesaver’s activities, or for additional safety information, please contact our national headquarters office at 703-739-0308 or 800-537-6224. If you are a reporter on deadline, please contact:
- Libby Rector Snipe - email email@example.com
About Operation Lifesaver
Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit public safety education and awareness organization dedicated to reducing collisions, fatalities and injuries at highway-rail crossings and trespassing on or near railroad tracks. Our team consists of nationwide network of volunteers who work to educate people about rail safety, state coordinators who lead the efforts in all 50 states and a national office in Alexandria, VA, that supports state programs, develops education materials, and creates public awareness campaigns for audiences of all ages.
Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
1420 King Street, Suite 201
Alexandria, VA 22314
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries: email@example.com
Transit Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org