Libby Rector Snipe, 8-31-2016
It’s back to school time! At Operation Lifesaver, Inc. the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, back to school means sharing our safety tips for parents and caregivers, because trespassing on train tracks or property is the number one cause of rail-related casualties in the U.S. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 7-21-2016
The Pokémon Go augmented reality game is sweeping the United States in popularity, grabbing headlines and surpassing other mobile app and game downloads since its launch this month, TechCrunch has reported. While the game is spurring a welcome increase in physical activity, it has also resulted in injuries to distracted players, including a 15-year-old Pennsylvania girl who was hit by a car when she walked onto a highway after playing the game and two men playing the game in California who ignored a warning sign and fell off a cliff. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 6-07-2016
The U.S. will be one of 40 countries worldwide observing ILCAD (International Level Crossing Awareness Day) this week on June 10-11. To help spread awareness of the need for drivers and pedestrians to be cautious near train tracks and railroad crossings, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. has created a shareable GIF of our latest crossing safety public service announcement (PSA),which is part of our “See Tracks? Think Train!” campaign. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 3-31-2016
As part of our rail safety mission, Operation Lifesaver works with all kinds of drivers to ensure they are equipped with safety tips in order to be safe at railroad crossings. Professional drivers of tractor trailers have long been a very important group for rail safety messages. Big rigs are involved in approximately 16 percent of all crossing collisions, according to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) statistics, so they are a major target audience for OL education and outreach programs. Continue reading...Link
- Pokémon Go Somewhere Else
- Share our new GIF to encourage safe behavior near train tracks!
- New, Lifesaving Messages for Professional Drivers
- Advancing our mission, together
- State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operation Lifesaver
- Protecting the things we cherish most
- Moving Forward, with Gratitude
- Help us stop dangerous, illegal train track photos!
- Be a rail safety role model for your kids – OLI can help!
- Helping School Bus Drivers Get Back to School…Safely
- Railroad Crossing Safety Goes High Tech
- Increasing Awareness at Crossings: Communities and Cans
- Volunteers - the heart and soul of Operation Lifesaver
- A Traffic Ticket That Could Save Your Life