Libby Rector Snipe, 11-30-2016
Take a quick look at rail-related trespass deaths so far this year: the news is not good. After dropping from 2014 to 2015, rail-related trespass deaths and injuries appear to be rising substantially in 2016. According to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) preliminary statistics, rail trespass deaths rose nearly 20 percent from January through August 2016 compared to the same period in 2015, and injuries rose 12 percent. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 10-07-2016
It’s the fall fashion season, and clothing retailers are busy targeting teens and young adults with new style trends. For some reason, though, a number of retailers seem to think their designs are easier to sell when the models are shown trespassing on railroad tracks. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 8-31-2016
It’s back to school time! At Operation Lifesaver, Inc. the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, back to school means sharing our safety tips for parents and caregivers, because trespassing on train tracks or property is the number one cause of rail-related casualties in the U.S. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 7-21-2016
The Pokémon Go augmented reality game is sweeping the United States in popularity, grabbing headlines and surpassing other mobile app and game downloads since its launch this month, TechCrunch has reported. While the game is spurring a welcome increase in physical activity, it has also resulted in injuries to distracted players, including a 15-year-old Pennsylvania girl who was hit by a car when she walked onto a highway after playing the game and two men playing the game in California who ignored a warning sign and fell off a cliff. Continue reading...Link
- Share our new GIF to encourage safe behavior near train tracks!
- New, Lifesaving Messages for Professional Drivers
- Advancing our mission, together
- State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operation Lifesaver
- Protecting the things we cherish most
- Moving Forward, with Gratitude
- Help us stop dangerous, illegal train track photos!
- Be a rail safety role model for your kids – OLI can help!
- Helping School Bus Drivers Get Back to School…Safely
- Railroad Crossing Safety Goes High Tech
- Increasing Awareness at Crossings: Communities and Cans
- Volunteers - the heart and soul of Operation Lifesaver
- A Traffic Ticket That Could Save Your Life
- “Who’s With Us?”