Libby Rector Snipe, 4-26-2017
2017 marks Operation Lifesaver’s 45th year, and we have an exciting way to celebrate! We are working with the U.S. Department of Transportation and other organizations to observe the first national U.S. Rail Safety Week (RSW) from September 24-30, 2017. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 11-30-2016
Take a quick look at rail-related trespass deaths so far this year: the news is not good. After dropping from 2014 to 2015, rail-related trespass deaths and injuries appear to be rising substantially in 2016. According to Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) preliminary statistics, rail trespass deaths rose nearly 20 percent from January through August 2016 compared to the same period in 2015, and injuries rose 12 percent. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 10-07-2016
It’s the fall fashion season, and clothing retailers are busy targeting teens and young adults with new style trends. For some reason, though, a number of retailers seem to think their designs are easier to sell when the models are shown trespassing on railroad tracks. Continue reading...Link
Libby Rector Snipe, 8-31-2016
It’s back to school time! At Operation Lifesaver, Inc. the national, nonprofit rail safety education organization, back to school means sharing our safety tips for parents and caregivers, because trespassing on train tracks or property is the number one cause of rail-related casualties in the U.S. Continue reading...Link
- Pokémon Go Somewhere Else
- Share our new GIF to encourage safe behavior near train tracks!
- New, Lifesaving Messages for Professional Drivers
- Advancing our mission, together
- State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operation Lifesaver
- Protecting the things we cherish most
- Moving Forward, with Gratitude
- Help us stop dangerous, illegal train track photos!
- Be a rail safety role model for your kids – OLI can help!
- Helping School Bus Drivers Get Back to School…Safely
- Railroad Crossing Safety Goes High Tech
- Increasing Awareness at Crossings: Communities and Cans
- Volunteers - the heart and soul of Operation Lifesaver
- A Traffic Ticket That Could Save Your Life