Bonnie Murphy, 2-26-2016
For 44 years, Operation Lifesaver has worked through partnerships with federal, state and local governments, freight and passenger railroads, the railway supply community and other nonprofit organizations to educate communities in pursuit of our mission. That mission remains the same: providing public education programs to prevent collisions, injuries and fatalities on and around railroad tracks and highway-rail grade crossings. Due to hard work and improvements in engineering, enforcement and education, crossing collisions and rail trespass incidents have been reduced over the past four decades. Continue reading...Link
Wende Corcoran, 8-18-2015
It’s August, and school districts across the country have been conducting their annual training sessions for new and returning school bus drivers. School bus drivers have a big responsibility – safely transporting the nation’s millions of school-aged students to and from school each day. Continue reading...Link
Operation Lifesaver’s primary role is to educate the public about how to keep themselves safe around railroad crossings and rights of way. To complement our education initiatives, we strongly support and encourage engineering research and innovation, which contributes to safety improvements at America's railroad crossings. Continue reading...Link
- Pokémon Go Somewhere Else
- Share our new GIF to encourage safe behavior near train tracks!
- New, Lifesaving Messages for Professional Drivers
- Advancing our mission, together
- State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operation Lifesaver
- Protecting the things we cherish most
- Moving Forward, with Gratitude
- Help us stop dangerous, illegal train track photos!
- Be a rail safety role model for your kids – OLI can help!
- Helping School Bus Drivers Get Back to School…Safely
- Railroad Crossing Safety Goes High Tech
- Increasing Awareness at Crossings: Communities and Cans
- Volunteers - the heart and soul of Operation Lifesaver
- A Traffic Ticket That Could Save Your Life