Libby Rector Snipe, 6-07-2016
The U.S. will be one of 40 countries worldwide observing ILCAD (International Level Crossing Awareness Day) this week on June 10-11. To help spread awareness of the need for drivers and pedestrians to be cautious near train tracks and railroad crossings, Operation Lifesaver, Inc. has created a shareable GIF of our latest crossing safety public service announcement (PSA),which is part of our “See Tracks? Think Train!” campaign. Continue reading...Link
Bonnie Murphy, 2-26-2016
For 44 years, Operation Lifesaver has worked through partnerships with federal, state and local governments, freight and passenger railroads, the railway supply community and other nonprofit organizations to educate communities in pursuit of our mission. That mission remains the same: providing public education programs to prevent collisions, injuries and fatalities on and around railroad tracks and highway-rail grade crossings. Due to hard work and improvements in engineering, enforcement and education, crossing collisions and rail trespass incidents have been reduced over the past four decades. Continue reading...Link
Wende Corcoran, 1-29-2016
Earlier this month, state member program leaders who are new to their positions in the past year came to Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI) headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia for professional development training. During the three-day new state coordinator orientation, member program officials from North Carolina, Missouri, California and Washington state learned OL policies and procedures and received training in best practices from veteran state coordinators and OLI staff. Continue reading...Link
Researchers are discovering that gratitude can boost confidence, happiness, success, and even our health. This Thanksgiving week, as I near the end of my tenure as President and CEO of Operation Lifesaver, Inc., (OLI) I want to express my deep gratitude for having been a part of this organization. Continue reading...Link
- Pokémon Go Somewhere Else
- Share our new GIF to encourage safe behavior near train tracks!
- New, Lifesaving Messages for Professional Drivers
- Advancing our mission, together
- State Programs – the Lifeblood of Operation Lifesaver
- Protecting the things we cherish most
- Moving Forward, with Gratitude
- Help us stop dangerous, illegal train track photos!
- Be a rail safety role model for your kids – OLI can help!
- Helping School Bus Drivers Get Back to School…Safely
- Railroad Crossing Safety Goes High Tech
- Increasing Awareness at Crossings: Communities and Cans
- Volunteers - the heart and soul of Operation Lifesaver
- A Traffic Ticket That Could Save Your Life